Skills & Strategies for Coaching Youth Soccer
Skills & Strategies for Coaching Soccer provides you with over 125 drills for teaching skills and techniques. You’ll also learn how to develop these skills in realistic game situations with beginning, intermediate, advanced, and all-star players.
Essential skills are presented, including collecting and controlling, passing, dribbling, kicking, heading, and goalkeeping. You’ll then apply those individual skills with attacking and defensive tactics, team formations, and set pieces. With Skills & Strategies for Coaching Soccer, you’ll learn the what, how, and why of soccer through these essentials:
* Over 125 drills for beginning, intermediate, advanced, and all-star players
* Progressing basic drills into realistic, competitive situations
* Tactics in attack and defense
* Tactics in set plays
* Team management
* Mental and physical preparation for games
* Handling problem players and parents
* Fitness and conditioning
* Preparing and developing coaching sessions
* Establishing a coaching philosophy
Skills & Strategies for Coaching Soccer is an invaluable guide for coaching any team in any setting. The best team doesn’t always win—but it usually does.
NOTE: This book was submitted to our website and is not an endorsement by Soccer-for-Parents. To check out the book further go to Amazon.com.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit a Soccer Book Review.
Like this page?